Case Study: Live Nation
Hospitality: General Concessions, VIP Clubs/Restaurants, Box-Seats/Suites and Special Event Catering
When Legends won the Live Nation account in late 2014, it was instantly a transformative event for the company. We had the opportunity to be in partnership with the largest entertainment company in the world and operate 34 of their most significant locations across the United States. We have been charged with providing quality food at competitive prices while enhancing the guest experience in every area of operation throughout all of the amphitheaters.
Each location presents unique opportunities to be creative and truly change the expectations of outdoor entertainment. Our approach began with the labor model for this piece of business. We committed to having dedicated senior leaders for each region and each venue to ensure that planning and execution would be as strategic as possible. Regional chefs were selected to carry out the culinary vision of unexpected quality in a familiar setting to music lovers everywhere. The footprint of each venue varies from city-to-city, but one can expect to find a diverse number of food and drink offerings in general concessions, in-seat service at most locations, VIP clubs, box seats, as well as increased vending, while select locations have suites to cater to small private parties. Enhanced technology will add to the elevated service and allow the majority of the fans to experience an increased speed of service that has not happened in this environment in the past. This capability has allowed Legends to define a new standard for the premium amphitheater dining experience, deliver the freshest and hottest food, latest trends in spirits and mixed drinks and keep lines shorter allowing the guest to get back to their seats and enjoy the concert.
Over 100 culinarians work in 34 kitchens where food is prepared from scratch to provide the freshest quality ingredients and menu selections on a daily basis. Menus are rotated on a regular basis to enhance guest satisfaction and satisfy even the most discriminating palette. Legends also delivered exciting new innovation to the venues including:
- Humanely Raised Program…No cages, no crates, no kidding! Our commitment to serving beef, pork and chicken that has been specially sourced and certified is something we are very proud to be the industry leaders of at this time. This is not only a program we are using for our premium menus, but all guests can taste the difference this season as our produce is all locally sourced for concessions as well.
- Picnic Basket Program where guests can pre-order an amazing array of options for up to four people and dine alfresco on the lawns of some of our locations. We created an additional revenue stream by capitalizing on guests’ desires to eat in a casual yet elegant way that was not available in years past, so guests now can customize their dining experience and challenge themselves to “Eat Outside the Box”.
- Shake it Up stations strategically placed around each venue to allow fans to flavor their popcorn or French fries with 5 different toppings. Another great way to allow the fans to be in the drivers seat when it comes to making their meal exactly how they want it.
- An increased number of vegetarian and gluten free options for our health conscious fans. Whether it be the freshly made vegetarian nachos with hand-cut pico de gallo or the Spicy Black Bean Burger with fresh produce and a potato bun, the menu boards have all been redesigned to reflect the wide array of choices available this season!
- The enhanced cocktail and beverage selections are geared towards millennials with a few classics to satisfy concert goers of any generation. From Canyon Road wines and Apothic Reds to Moonshine based cocktails and tasty sangria, there’s something for everyone at our venues.
- A re-defined emphasis on Customer Service. These food and beverage innovations are coupled with a maniacal focus on the Guest Experience. Our front-line staff is continually trained to deliver the Seven Pillars of Legends’ Customer Service program. This training is reinforced with a positive reward and recognition program and bolstered with daily guest satisfaction surveys with feedback delivered real-time to front line management.