Case Study: Angel Stadium
Hospitality: General Concessions, Premium Clubs/Restaurants, Suites, and Special Event Catering
Selected by the Los Angeles Angels in the Fall of 2013 to operate Angel Stadium’s hospitality program, Legends Hospitality worked closely with the team to redefine the Guest experience throughout the facility for the upcoming 2014 season through the development of a myriad of programs in both general concessions and premium.
These new amenities and initiatives included:
- A complete redesign and theming of six major concession stands
- An expansion of the craft beer program
- Operational and culinary overhaul of premium restaurants – Diamond Club and Knothole
- Reengineered in-seat menu
- Standardization of suite operating procedures
This approach, coupled with the Legends Customer Service model, has garnered noticeable results during the 2014 season thus far.
- Expansion of “Draft Pick” destination craft beer location. Previously underperforming location was expanded from 12 to 24 taps with a selection that consisted of 75% local beers. Revenue increase is up by nearly 25% vs. previous year.
- “Smoke Ring” – One of our new concepts featuring made to order brisket and chicken BBQ sandwiches, highlighted by our signature Smoker (has seen a sales increase of 30% vs. previous offering and become one of the more popular stands in stadium. Because of this concept’s success, we will be adding a “Smoke Ring Express” in in the outfield.
- A complete revamping of the suite operations and command center (facilitation of all orders through one central hub versus multiple locations e.g.) has resulted in:
- A reduction of suite delivery time (18 minutes) and food waste/shrinkage.
- Development of suite point system (based on suite size) that led to an accurate allocation of staffing, including a streamlining of employee work hours and significant cost savings.
- Introduction of “Open Table” online reservation system in Diamond and Knothole Club has led to an increase in the table turnover rates, reduced labor costs and has increased both fan satisfaction and food revenue.