Case Study: Rose Bowl
Premium Sales, Tour Operations, Premium Hospitality
The venerable Rose Bowl officially opened on January 1, 1923 and is best known for ringing in the New Year with the Annual Rose Bowl Game, a.k.a. “The Granddaddy of Them All.” In addition, the stadium has hosted five Super bowls, the 1984 Olympics, and the championship matches of the 1994 FIFA World Cup and the 1999 FIFA Women’s World Cup. The UCLA football program has been a tenant since 1982. The Rose bowl is currently undergoing a renovation that will include 44 luxury suites, 32 loge boxes, 1,428 club seats and a new press box.
Legends was engaged by the Rose Bowl operating Company in 2011 to fully manage and execute the suite and premium seating sales campaign related to the $156-million renovation of the Rose bowl. In July of 2014, Legends, in a partnership with Wolfgang Puck Catering, was selected to operate the venue’s premium hospitality program.
- Worked with the Rose Bowl in finalizing all aspects of design and price, which included changes on all three-premium levels to help maximize the potential revenue through the renovation
- Designed marketing center that pays tribute to the history of the Rose Bowl, resulting in a sales environment that properly showcases the newly created inventory
- Developed a phased sales approach, using deadlines to create urgency within each priority group
- Generated $30M in COI of Premium Inventory
- Achieved goal of $7.4M in Annual Premium Seating Revenue (up from $4M in 2012)
- Achieved $3.3M in Premium Revenue for BCS National Championship
- Hired in 2013 to operate Stadium Tour business and consult on special event sales