Case Study: Circle Line Cruises
Hospitality: General Concessions and Merchandising
Circle Line Cruises are a fixture in New York City tourist landscape offering scenic tours up the Hudson River and around the island of Manhattan.
The cruise line services more than 1.5 million visitors every year. Legends took over operations of the hospitality and retail merchandise locations on the ship and on the dock in early 2011.
Legends partnered with the client to develop a year one business plan to dramatically increase sales while improving margins and Guest satisfaction. This business plan included:
- Refurbishment of current physical plant.
- Increase in menu selection and infusion of quality menu items.
- Focus on customer service initiatives.
- Redesigned Tour hospitality and retail outlets to enhance Guest satisfaction and improve efficiency and food quality.
- Increased points of sale in passageways and entrance areas.
Implementing this plan immediately improved Guest satisfaction and employee productivity.
- A 22.0% increase in Per Capita Revenue
- A 25.0% improvement in Operating Profit on behalf of the client