Case Study: One World Observatory
Hospitality, Individual and Group Ticket Sales, Special Event Sales and Catering and Merchandising
Positioned on top of the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere – on levels 100, 101, and 102 of the One World Trade Center building – Legends developed and is operating One World Observatory, providing guests with unique, panoramic views of New York City, its most iconic sites, and surrounding waters from above 1,250 feet. A customized guest experience complements the seemingly endless views – which evoke feelings of the City’s signature pride, hope and determination – and include exhibits and dining options, including a sit-down restaurant. The Observatory opened on May 29, 2015 and until September 7th operating hours will be 9 a.m. until midnight seven days a week with the last ticket sold at 11:15 p.m. Non-summer operating hours of One World Observatory are from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. seven days a week with the last ticket sold at 7:15 p.m. Throughout the course of the year operating hours will be expanded during holiday periods such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Highlights of the journey include:
- Upon entry, Guests are greeted in the Global Welcome Center, where a large video board features salutations in an array of languages, and a dynamically generated world map highlights the hometowns of visitors. All admission is timed ticket entry.
- Guests experience a program titled “Voices,” which tells the personal stories of the men and women who built One World Trade Center. Next, “Foundations” provides Guests with a close up view of the very bedrock on which the building stands.
- Guests board one of five dedicated elevators to ascend to the 102nd floor in under 60 seconds. Immersive, floor-to-ceiling LED technology in each cab invites Guests to experience a virtual time-lapse that recreates the development of New York City’s skyline from the 1500s to present day.
- Guests take in an exciting, two-minute video presentation in the SEE FOREVER™ theater that combines bird’s eye imagery, time-lapse shots with abstract textures and patterns to present the unique rhythm and pulse of New York City to dramatic life in three dimensions.
- On the 100th floor of the Observatory, also known as the Discovery Level, Guests experience expansive, 360-degree views in all directions, taking in the iconic sights, surrounding waters and panoramic views of the city and beyond.
- The Main Observatory also features the Sky Portal. Guests are invited to step onto a 14-foot wide circular disc that delivers an unforgettable view, using real-time, high-definition footage of the streets below.
- This interactive skyline concierge allows Guests to deeply connect with the landmarks and neighborhoods they observe from above. At City Pulse, global ambassadors are stationed under a ring of HD video monitors and outfitted in gesture recognition technology, summoning imagery to the screens and providing Guests with close-up views and personalized recommendations.
- Guests can enhance their viewing experience with One World Explorer interactive introduction to New York. Scan the skyline and explore the sites up close. Additional fee required.
- Share your experience from the top of the world instantly with an exciting and innovative photo experience! Receive a custom photo folder and digital image downloads. Additional fee required.
One World Observatory™ ONE offers three distinct dining options on the 101st floor. Access to the curated eateries are available to Guests with Observatory tickets. The three distinct dining areas consist of:
- ONE CAFÉ: serving a variety of fresh, handcrafted products in a casual setting
- ONE MIX: serving modern small plates that are a taste of New York
- ONE DINE: set in a steakhouse atmosphere serving innovative and bold menu selections
GALLERY AT ONE WORLD
Peruse the GALLERY at ONE WORLD for premium and souvenir gift items for all ages. The Gallery also offers uniquely designed products produced exclusively by One World Observatory™.
Inspired by world-class service and unforgettable views of New York City’s endless possibility, One World Observatory turns uniquely imagined events into a beautiful reality. Guests experience unparalleled beauty and elegance surrounded by the fine details and personal touches of an event space designed to elevate life’s most memorable moments.
The observatory uses low-consumption fixtures, post-consumer recycled content, and locally sourced materials.
SUMMARY OF ONE WORLD OBSERVATORY COMPONENTS
- Box Office (ground level): Ticketing and transition to C1 (via escalator)
- C1: Entrance, photo pick-up, security, exhibit queuing area, restrooms, Welcome Center, Voices, Foundations
- Five (5) high speed elevators: 60 second “SkyPod” video ascent and descent experiences
- Level 102: SEE FOREVER™ theater, initial observatory view, One World Explorer, event space, restrooms
- Level 101:SEE FOREVER™ Imaging, dining options, kitchen, observatory views, restrooms
- Level 100: observatory views, Sky Portal with street views, City Pulse interactive concierge, The Gallery merchandise store, restrooms
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information, please visit www.OneWorldObservatory.com, email Info@OneWorldObservatory.com or call (844) 696-1776. One World Observatory is located at One World Trade Center, New York, New York 10007. The entrance to the Observatory is located on the West Plaza located alongside West Street at the Northwest corner of the World Trade Center site near the intersection of West and Vesey Streets. START AT ONE™
One World Trade Center is a joint venture between the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and The Durst Organization. The Legends’ One World Observatory team includes The Hettema Group, Montroy Andersen DeMarco and JRM Construction. View more case studies »