Case Study: San Francisco 49ers
Premium Sales, Special Event Sales, and Tour Operations
On June 8, 2010, residents of Santa Clara voted to adopt Measure J, which allowing the City of Santa Clara to lease land, then occupied by the Great America theme park’s overflow parking lot, to the 49ers Stadium Authority. The land will be the site of a new 68,500-seat football stadium for the San Francisco 49ers. After necessary funds were secured, construction began in 2012. The 49ers have played at San Francisco’s Candlestick Park since the 1971 season.
In 2010, Legends was engaged by the San Francisco 49ers to fully manage and execute SBL and suite sales for a new 68,500-seat stadium. Levi’s Stadium will open in 2014.
- Generated $212M in sales during submission period
- Over $1billion in total COI to date
- Club Seats – $278M
- Reserved Seats – $216
- Suites $444M
- Starting the sales campaign early and having success in initial sales phases allowed the team to secure the financing needed to begin construction and ultimately led to moving the opening from 2015 to 2014
- Finalized premium designs and set all product offerings adding over $100M in potential inventory
- In first six months, sold 21 suites at Candlestick Park on 4-year agreements after the 49ers went more than a year without a single suite sale
- Designed and oversaw the construction of multimillion-dollar state-of-the-art sales center
- Provided legal consulting on suites, SBLs, NFL approvals, etc