Case Study: Circuit of the Americas
Market Feasibility, Premium Sales
Circuit of The Americas announced that they were going to bring F1racing back to the US with a permanent racetrack in Austin, Texas. The race, which had been planned for November of 2012, was in danger of not happening. The construction that was begun on the track had come to a stop because finances had dried up.
COTA engaged Legends about a pre sales process that would secure the revenue needed to complete the construction for the race in November of 2012. Legends developed a sales strategy and hired a team of over 40 people within 30 days to deliver.
- Increased sales from $40M in first year to $70M in second.
- Sold out Founders Suites and Legacy Suites generating $35M in COI
- Sold over 9000 PSL generating $25M
- Hired to fully manage their sales of track hospitality, main grandstand premium seating, PSL program and all ticket sales for all track events
- Legends played a key role in finalizing all pricing, amenities and marketing around premium seating