Mercedes-Benz Stadium Case Study
SOARING SALES AT FALCONS NEW STADIUM
With their impressive new Mercedes-Benz Stadium opening in June 2017, the Atlanta Falcons were ready to spread their wings for greater results. This included increasing premium and season ticket sales for the 71,000 seat multipurpose facility in Atlanta – slated to host the 2018 College Football Playoff Championship Game, Super Bowl LIII in 2019 and the NCAA Men’s Final Four in 2020. They turned to the Legends Global Sales Team to make it happen.
Fresh from the success of opening Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, CA for the San Francisco 49ers, Legends Global Sales Team developed a winning overall sales and marketing plan for the Falcons and their new stadium. This included targeted strategies around:
- Sales execution for luxury suites
- Premium club seat and season ticket sales
- Sales of Personal Seat Licenses
To shine a spotlight on the new stadium, the team also oversaw the design flow and construction of the multi-million dollar Mercedes-Benz Stadium Preview Center. They launched a successful marketing campaign to generate online signups, and during that challenging relocation period, new conversion strategies were effectively used to convert old stadium ticket holders to the new stadium – and keep revenue flowing in.
- Generated more than $692 million in contractually obligated income to date
- Sold more than 14,000 PSLs accounting for over 22% of the entire stadium’s sellable inventory during the 2017 season and playoffs
- Led the creation of new premium inventory, including 28 four-person Technology Loge Boxes that sold-out in less than 60 days
- 33,000 unique sign-ups over a 7-month period through the “For Less Than You May Think” marketing campaign